Summer of Makers - 2017
This Summer The Maker Mill is proud to introduce our new STEM Learning concept called Experiences…
Experiences provide for an immersive week long or day long set of activities developed around a particular theme. Kids will experience engineering concepts using fun games, technology and art to get hands on learning experiences with a guided instructor. After 3 years of working with kids and STEM education we have found that children enjoy being immersed in actives around a common theme.
Join The Maker Mill for our Summer of Makers workshop program. Each week is packed with a variety of STEM enrichment and Maker activities that are hands-on, fun and educational.
Each day kids will participate in a variety of workshops to develop their STEM & Maker skills.
- Half Day Sessions (9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm): $60
- Half Day Sessions All Week (Mon-Fri either 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm): $275
- Full Day Session (8:30am-5pm): $110
- Full Week (8:30am-5pm): $500
Student Requirements: Students must be able to remain & work in their selected Workshops, all areas of the mill will be hosting classes this summer. This will cut down on interruptions of the other students in the workshop.
An adult parent or guardian MUST accompany their student, regardless of age, into the facility to Sign-in. We are NOT able to meet children outside of the facility.
- AM session students may be dropped off at 8:45am and must be picked up by 12:00pm.
- PM session students may be dropped off at 12:45pm and must be picked up by 4:00pm.
- All Day students may be dropped off at 8:45am and must be picked up by 5:00pm.
- All Day students will have free time from 8:30am – 9am & 4pm – 5pm. We will break for lunch & free time from 12pm – 1pm (free time consists of building, computer time, robots & games)
Snack and Lunch
During a 3-hour session students will have a break during the session in which they can eat a snack. All day students will also break for lunch from 12pm - 1pm. For these sessions please pack a Nut Free snack & a water/beverage for the student.
We will be taking breaks outside in the grass common areas to play games and burn off some energy. We will travel outside in our groups (10 children or less) with 1 instructor and 1 mentor. Games will include tether ball, corn hole, outside checkers and more.
The Maker Mill - Nut Free Facility
Due to the prevalence of nut, tree-nut and peanut allergies, we have chosen to be a Nut Free Facility. ALL FOOD, snacks, lunches and beverages should be completely free of nuts. Failure to provide nut free food may result in the child being moved to a separate area while eating and notification of the parent/guardian.