WE ARE FULLY STAFFED please check back soon
Maker Mill Employment Opportunities Available
If you're passionate about technology, making and have a desire to share your skills and interests with others then The Maker Mill is for you.
The Maker Mill is actively seeking STEM/STEAM workshop instructors for afternoons, weekends and upcoming 2015 Summer of Makers program.
Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and make things
Experience and/or strong interest in working with young people ages 6-16
Existing skills or currently enrolled in a program for one of the following:
Technology (coding, game development, 3D printing, CNC)
Art or Craft (Photography or videography)
or other maker themes
Maintain a high curiosity and commitment to developing your skills
Open to the experience of meeting new people and sharing ideas (i.e. you may not be a good fit if you consider yourself “shy”)
A commitment to work as a team and to be a part of The Maker Mill community
A desire to support the maker philosophy
Have a good grasp of science and engineering principles, love taking things apart to see how they work and good problem solving skills.
Dependable and prompt for your shift.
You must have your own form of transportation.
- Working with children grades K-12.
- Learning, planning and executing workshop curriculum in an interactive and hands-on method.
- Manage a class size of 6-8 kids
- Prepare and communicate student achievements to parents
- Maintain the safety of our guests and cleanliness of The Maker Mill facilities.
- Full use of The Maker Mill tools and equipment for you and your immediate family
- Hourly pay based on existing skills and experience in a workshop setting
- 20% off any electronics in The Maker Mill store.
- 15% workshop discount for your children or siblings.
All employees of The Maker Mill are subject to CORI background checks.